About the David Hicks Company
Commercial Real Estate Experts in Allen, McKinney and Plano, TX
The David Hicks Company has over 28 years experience working with land owners, investors and buyers, assisting them in the acquisition, negotiation and development of commercial properties in the fast-growing area of North Texas. The following projects demonstrate our capabilities and experience in dealing with complex commercial projects.
- Commercial Property Sales
- Commercial Development Services
- Planning & Zoning Consulting
- Commercial Property Leasing
- Residential Lot Sales
- The $7 million sale of 29 acres in Twin Creeks for the development of Wimberley Place Phase 2.
- The $3.6 million sale of 8.124 acres in Twin Creeks to The Alder Group for the development of an age-restricted Senior Living facility.
- The sale of 2.765 acres for $662,519 to Constant Care Memory Centers for the development of a memory care center.
- The sale of 2.372 acres for $568,244 to Affiliated Physicians Holdings, LP for the construction of a 36,000 SF medical office building.
- The $9.3 million sale of 22 acres to Bella Terra at Twin Creeks for the development of a 740-unit luxury multifamily community.
- The $1.7 million sale of 4.9 acres to Hawthorn Senior Living for the development of a 134-suite independent living community.
- The $2.8 million sale to JBGL Communities of 16 acres at Stacy Crossing in McKinney for the development of a luxury townhome community.
- The $3.7 million sale to Provident Realty Advisors in Plano Gateway, Plano Texas, for Phase 2 of the Gateway Apartments.
- The $1.05 million sale to AEC Exchange at Twin Creeks for a new strip shopping center
- The $1.7 million sale of 5.2 acres to McFarlin Group at Twin Creeks for Twin Creeks Assisted Living and Memory Care.
- The $29.5 million sale of 167 acres to JBGL Exchange LLC from Twin Creeks for the development of the 1,000 home Village at Twin Creeks residential community.
- The sale of 110 acres to JBGL Exchange LLC from Twin Creeks for the development of the 500+ home Village at Twin Creeks Active Adult community.
- The sale of 15.15 acres to Pegasus Ablon Properties for the Ablon at Twin Creeks Urban multi-family project.
- The assemblage and sale of 11 properties known as Kittyhawk Estates in Allen Texas to JBGL Kittyhawk LLC. This involved rezoning for 230 home sites and the closing of an FAA municipal airport in April 2012.
- Sale of the 180,000 sf Turnpike Commons One office building and 70 acres of land to Cisco Systems. (Bradford Companies)
- Sale of 42 acres to the Allen Independent School District in November 2011 for a new Service Center.
- Sale of 30 acres in Plano to Provident Realty Advisors in July 2011 for a multiphase, 1,200- unit multi-family community.
- Sale of 22 acres for $4.6 million in the Twin Creeks development in Allen, Texas to the Aspens at Twin Creeks for an age-restricted, active seniors development.
- $10 million sale of 30.1 acres to Criterion Development Corporation for the development of a luxury multi-family development.
- $22.5 million sale and negotiation of a municipal economic incentive package for 62 acres of mixed use land in Richardson, Texas to Hall Financial Group.
- Project Management and development services to Affiliated Physicians Holdings, LP for the construction of Raintree Exchange, a 36,000 sf medical office building.
- Acquisition, planning and development of the 1,374-acre, $200 million Bar BC Ranch residential development in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
- Planning, site acquisition and development of the 180,000 square foot Turnpike Commons One office building in Richardson, Texas. Subsequent lease and sale of the building along with 60 adjacent acres to Cisco Systems in transactions totaling $82 million.
- 180,000 sf office lease to Cisco Systems for the Cisco Regional Development Center.
- Land sale and lease for the 225,000 sf FBI Regional Headquarters and 60,000 sf DEA offices.
- 195,000 square foot EXE Technologies headquarters lease.
- 136,464 square foot Fleming Companies headquarters lease.
Planning and Zoning Consulting
- Planning, zoning and development services for the 29-acre Bella Terra multifamily and Allen Retirement Residences at Twin Creeks, Allen, Texas.
- Rezoning of 230 home sites in Kittyhawk Estates in Allen, Texas requiring the closure of an FAA municipal airport in April 2012.
- Rezoning of the 326 acre Twin Creeks Urban Center PD-108 in Allen, Texas.
- Rezoning of the 120 acre Plano Gateway mixed-use development in Plano into a new P.D. 207-R.
- Rezoning of 22 acres in Twin Creeks, Allen, Texas for an age-restricted active senior development.
- 12,051 sf office lease at Raintree Exchange Building to OrthoTexas - Allen.
- 12,257 sf office lease at Raintree Exchange Building to Methodist Hospital McKinney.
- Currently leasing the 36,000 sf Raintree Exchange Building in Twin Creeks, Allen, Texas.
- Currently leasing retail, medical, restaurant and fitness sites at Plano Gateway Center.
- 180,000 sf office lease to Cisco Systems for the Cisco Regional Development Center.
- 195,000 sf EXE Technologies headquarters lease.
- 136,464 sf Fleming Companies headquarters lease.
Meet the Team
David K. Hicks
A 33-year commercial real estate veteran, David Hicks is President of David Hicks Company, a Dallas based commercial real estate services firm. Over the past 17 years, David has represented Dal Briar Corporation in the planning, entitlement, development and sales of mixed use sites in: Twin Creeks a 2500 acre planned development in Allen, Texas; Plano Gateway a 225 acre planned development in Richardson and Plano, Texas; and Turnpike Commons West a 110 acre Planned Development in Richardson Texas.
David also represents the Lehner family in the planning zoning and marketing of their land holdings in McKinney and Allen, Texas and the Hillary family in the zoning and sales of their Plano, Texas properties.
From 2002 to 2006, David was Senior Vice President - Capital Division of Hillwood Development Company, LLC. There he was responsible for design, marketing and leasing office buildings in Victory Park, a mixed-use development in downtown Dallas. He also originated the development of a 450-acre Hillwood Communities project at Twin Creeks in Allen, Texas and was responsible for the acquisition, planning, entitlement and marketing of the 1,374 acre Bar BC Ranch in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Hillwood Capital named David “Outstanding Performer” for 2004.
From 1991 to 2002 David was Executive
Vice President at the Bradford - Vantage Companies. Focused on
landlord representation in office leasing, Hicks represented
clients such as Equitable, Prudential and Litton Industries. He
earned the Top Producer designations at Bradford in 1998, 1999
and 2000. In 2000, The Dallas Business Journal named him
the "Number One Office Leasing Agent in Dallas”.
In 2002 Hicks was President of the
North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors (NTCAR) and is an
active member of the Urban Land Institute and The Land Council
as well as NTCAR. In 2014, David was selected as one of the Top
Brokers in Investment Property Sales for 2013 by the
Dallas Business Journal.
In 2014, David was selected as one of the Top Brokers in Investment Property Sales for 2013 by the Dallas Business Journal.
Prior to Bradford, David served with Bright Realty Corporation (1987-1991) and Merrill Lynch Commercial Real Estate (1984 - 1987). He and Mary Ellen Hicks have four daughters ranging in age from 23 to 28. David is an Eagle Scout. He is a Stephen Minister and an active member of Preston Hollow Presbyterian Church.
Marketing & Technology
Misty Puls is a marketing professional with more than 30 years experience serving a wide range of clients and employers from Fortune 100 multi-national corporations to small business entrepreneurs. Throughout her career, she has held positions in marketing, communications, product development, and sales in a variety of industries including: software development, financial services, manufacturing, and consumer packaged goods. For the past 15 years, she has developed creative marketing solutions for her clients that have helped them achieve tangible, definable results.
During her business career, Misty has held management positions at Meritage Homes, Computer Sciences Corporation, Hogan Systems, Action Systems, Xeno Development, The Associates, First City Bank Corporation of Texas and Florida Federal Savings. She has managed product development, product marketing, market research, marketing communications, industry analyst relations, third-party vendor relations, sales support, client relationship management and operations. Her global experience includes working with numerous high profile corporations such as: H.J. Heinz, Deutsche Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, Chase Bank, Citibank, Wells Fargo and InFocus, among others.
Misty grew up in
Tampa, Florida and after spending time in
Houston and Chicago, she currently resides in Dallas,
Texas with her husband, Michael, a well-known
consultant to the multi-family real-estate
industry and their son, Sean. She has a B.A.
degree, cum laude in Geology from the University
of South Florida. Misty and her
family enjoy spending time at their summer home
on Catawba Island, Ohio on the shores of Lake
Misty and her family enjoy spending time at their summer home on Catawba Island, Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie.
Elizabeth (Lizzy) Hicks brings creativity, project management, event management and marketing communication experience to the David Hicks Company. Prior to joining the David Hicks Company, Lizzy worked at Rain Ranchers, a rain-water harvesting company, where her responsibilities included brand development and creation of marketing materials.
Before joining Rain Ranchers, Lizzy worked at Earth Day Dallas, first as an intern in 2013 and later as a full-time staff member. Her contributions to the production and execution of Earth Day Dallas 2013, a highly successful event with over 41,000 attendees, led to a full-time staff position. For the Earth Day Texas 2014 event, she coordinated event programming, staged preliminary events and appearances, coordinated event logistics, produced itineraries for Run of Shows, worked with volunteers, created event-related letters and communication and post-event mailings and worked with VIP members.
Lizzy is a graduate of Texas Christian University in Fort Worth with a degree in Fine Arts. She is an accomplished photographer and artist and is passionate about issues relating to and promoting awareness for the environment and sustainability.