McKinney, Texas is just 30 miles north of downtown Dallas and is one of the fastest growing cities in America.
Just 30 miles north of downtown Dallas, McKinney is a picturesque city with a small-town feel that is quite different from the Metroplex's urban sprawl. The friendly charm, green spaces and comfortable pace belie the fact that McKinney, with a population of more than 141,000, is one of the fastest-growing cities in America.
The nation continues to recognize McKinney as a stand-out community. Money Magazine ranks McKinney No. 2 on their list of the Best Places to Live in American in 2012. Factors considered included employment, schools, crime and safety, as well as overall quality of life aspects including a feeling of community pride. This adds to the accolades already received from Forbes, Best Life Magazine, CNN Money and more.
Links to more information about McKinney, Texas
- McKinney Development Corporation
- City of McKinney
- Collin County
- North Central Texas Council of Governments
- North Texas Regional Center for Innovation and Communication
- Small Business Development Center
- State of Texas
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Texas Economic Development Council
- Texas One
- Texas Workforce Commission